Choosing the best AI writing tools is a daunting task. There are many different options available and it can be difficult to figure out which one is the best for your needs.
In this article, I will walk you through how to choose a tool that fits your business, whether you’re starting from scratch or just looking at improving an existing process.
1. What is ai writing
AI writing is a computer program that can write content for you. It’s useful because the tool doesn’t make mistakes, as a human would, it simply spits out text on demand. These tools have been around for over 20 years but recently there has been a new crop of players entering the market.
A little history of AI writing.
The first program that could generate text was written in the early ’90s by a computer scientist named Richard Wallace. It was originally designed to serve as a joke but it would go on to become the inspiration for an entire genre of programs.
However, at the time there wasn’t enough data to make these programs effective. The large tech companies had tons of information about their users and they simply didn’t have a use for AI writing tools. The problem with creating content from this small amount of data is that you are not able to produce anything new or original.
So, while there were some tools out there, they weren’t used very often and they were mostly used as joke generators or proofs-of-concept rather than true solutions.
Then, in 2012 Google changed everything. They made a big push to clean up their search engine results and that included an AI writing tool that was released for public use. The system generated content from over 10 years of user data and the quality improved dramatically.
It wasn’t long before other companies started releasing AI tools as well, including FB, IBM Watson, Microsoft Azure, Oracle API Management, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, and more have all come out with their own versions.
2. Why use AI writing?
The most common reason people choose to use an AI writing tool is time savings. These programs don’t get tired, distracted, or frustrated. They also don’t need any vacation time.
And the best part is that they produce great content, consistently. It doesn’t matter how many articles you order or what subject matter you throw at them, these tools can pump out quality text faster and more efficiently than a human can.
Another major benefit of using an AI writing tool is consistency in format. Hiring a writer to fill your blog with 500 words of high-quality text might seem like a good idea but if their spelling and grammar aren’t up to snuff it will reflect poorly on your brand.
Or worse yet, there have been some cases where bloggers purchased fake reviews for their site from unscrupulous companies; this has tarnished the of legitimate marketers everywhere.
An AI writer will never produce anything that damages your brand and they can be programmed to use the same style of writing as your existing writers. So, essentially you’re getting an extra writer for free!
3. How to evaluate AI writing tools by yourself
This is one of the things I wish someone would have told me when I got started: Don’t just choose a tool because it seems cool, do your research!
This means testing samples(both free and paid), reading reviews from other users, checking out their team(include social media and meetups).
Follow these steps when evaluating an AI writing tool:
- Does this tool work with my platform? Do you use a Mac or PC? Some of these tools are cloud-based and may not perform well if they don’t have access to the same software as your business. If something is out of date, it might break at a crucial time.
- Does it have the features I need? Once you’ve chosen a platform that works with your operating system, make sure it can handle everything you want. This includes things like:
- Do they offer samples of their work? All AI tools will have free information to try out but only a few will let you sample actual pieces of writing. The best way to see how well the system actually works is to see it in action.
- How accurate is this tool? Some of these programs can be trained to produce quality content with small amounts of data but some need thousands or millions! Will my data set work for it or do I need more?
- What kind of support does it offer? After you’ve invested the time to train your AI tool, you want to know that they have a competent team behind it as well.
- How complicated is it to use? Some of these tools are built for professionals but others are made for everyone!
- How does the pricing work? Most AI writing tools will operate on a per-word basis so make sure you know what your budget will be and that it’s something you’re comfortable with.
- Can I test the tool myself? If you don’t want to spend money on something that might not work for your business, try out the free version! Most AI tools will offer a demo or if you contact them directly they will usually have no problem letting you test it.
- Test its effectiveness and capabilities as well as what system it uses. Then compare those with other programs and find the one that will be the most effective for your business.
4. Who should use an ai writing tool
It’s obvious that if you’re looking to cut down on expenses hiring human writers is one of the first places you should look.
Still, only certain types of businesses can actually benefit from AI writing tools:
1) If you have a product or service with low variation and high volume you are a good fit for an AI writing tool, especially if you’re just starting out
2) If your business is local and you have low customer demand or high content requirements(such as repeatable blogs, or newsletters)
3) If the majority of your customers are outside the country you live in.
These conditions will determine what type of tool you should choose.
There are 2 different main types of AI writing tools:
1) Those that generate text using pre-defined templates and those that use predefined data points to create a unique document.
The first type uses algorithms in order to come up with unique text based on your keyword input. You can optimize the output by telling it what keywords and phrases you want to appear in the document.
This method is best for businesses that are creating a lot of unique content or products/services with low variation
2) The second type uses an algorithm to create “chunks” of text.
These chunks are then put together to create a custom document. This method is best for businesses that can break down their content into chunks(blog posts, articles, or product descriptions.
5. Benefits of using ai-powered writing tools
These are the benefit of using AI writing tools:
1. They are cost-effective. A writing tool is like a piece of software except it’s designed specifically for your needs, such as analytics or content management.
You pay monthly for these services so they are only costing you on the days you actually use them!
2. No more writer’s block – AI tools can take a great deal of pressure off, especially if you have writers who suffer from writing anxiety or writer’s block. With these tools, they can just let the computer do the work for them and not worry about deadlines and quotas
3. It will free up your time to focus on other things – These are highly specialized tools that will be able to handle content writing for you. With these resources, you won’t have to worry about your content anymore and can dedicate more time to other aspects of the business – marketing, sales, or customer service!
4. They will make your content more interesting – AI writing tools tend to come with a lot of different features that create engaging and unique content. This means people will be more willing to read your content and share it with their friends.
Disadvantages of using AI-powered writing tools :
1. They can’t do everything for you – AI writing tools aren’t perfect and they are subject to the same glitches that any other type of software is. It will make your job easier and more productive but you must be prepared for certain things that may go wrong.
2. You need to learn how to use it – AI tools aren’t your run-of-the-mill software so they require some extra training before you can put them into full effect. Most companies will offer a comprehensive support service and/or video tutorials.
6. The future of AI writing and how it will affect content marketing today
There are a lot of advancements being made in the field of AI writing tools. Some companies such as Google and Apple have started to incorporate this technology into their products.
They’ve also improved the quality of their work so much that some people can’t even tell if it’s coming from a human or computer!
These tools can be used for everything from professional services to personal blogging. They are even being adapted so they can be used on social media or in business emails! Soon, you will only want a computer to write your books and create Facebook posts for you!
Also, even though these tools are becoming better than humans at writing, they won’t replace actual human writers altogether. These tools can only go so far right now – they will never be able to fully replace an original piece of content that is written by a skilled writer.
The technology is also moving in the direction of making AI writing more like actual human writing, so much so that it’s becoming difficult to differentiate between the two.
AI writing tools are an incredible resource for any blogger looking to expand their blog, grow their income, and minimize their workload. By putting in a little research, you can find one that fits your needs perfectly. Now go choose an AI writer tool that is right for you!